02 – Zero Hunger
Precision farming based on IoT technology and cloud information helps reduce the use of soil, water, pesticides and fertilizers, and thanks to a data-led approach, it helps farmers make the right decision on where, when and how to act or react.
Farming practices become more sustainable and resilient, it becomes easier to adapt to climatic changes and extreme environmental conditions. Production increases and quality improves.
Thanks to Phyllalab – the research and development area in aeroponic greenhouses – Technophylla is experimenting production with increased organoleptic characteristics and nutritional values compared to that from the open field but without using soil, with less use of water and nutrients, zero pesticides and low energy consumption.
The results give products that are not only more sustainable for the environment but also better and safer from a nutritional point of view.
- Protect the environment
- Restrict the use of soil and water
- Drastically reduce the use of fertilizers
- Avoid the use of pesticides
- Increase energy efficiency
- Improve the quality and quantity of crops through processes of bio strengthening of the same crops
- Reuse existing disused industrial infrastructure through different techniques of cultivation, such as aeroponic production plants
These are the challenges that SMARTFarming4.0 is helping to meet, giving rise to the following sustainable development objectives.